By: Kristel D. Poole
2-2 1/2 pounds baby back ribs
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups Commonwealth Brewing Company ‘Marvolo’ Imperial Chocolate Stout
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chili sauce
1 cup raspberry preserves or jam
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay the rack of ribs meat side up. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Pour beer over the ribs, cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 2 hours or until the meat is tender but not falling off the bone.
3. Strain the pan juices into a medium saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Continue cooking the sauce, stirring often, until reduced to 1 1/2-2 cups.
4. Adjust the oven rack to about 6 inches from the broiler and preheat the broiler on HI.
5. Lay the ribs meat side down on the foil-lined baking sheet and brush with 1/3 of the glaze. Broil for 6 minutes. Turn the ribs over and brush with 1/2 of the remaining glaze. Broil for 9-11 minutes or until the edges begin to char. Brush the ribs with the remaining glaze and broil again until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Let rest for 10-12 minutes and serve.